Saturday 21 July 2007

THE JAWS OF U.S. PUBLIC SCHOOLS

Being born in the U.S.A. is wonderful. The first three years of life are pretty amazing. I think I like it here. My folks are really cool and let me do just about anything I want to learn and grow. I can walk now. I can talk pretty good. I have learned a lot of things all by myself. I can even go to the bathroom by myself! Fast forward four years: School sucks! I feel like I am in a prison behind locked bars 5 days a week. What happened to my life. This is not where I want to be. All I keep hearing is "sit still", "you'd better be quiet", "stop it"! Why are my parents doing this to me? Am I stupid? Did I do something really bad? Have I got some kind of disease? Why do I have to take this medicine everyday? The teacher hates me and still my parents make me come here. It's not fair. I hate it and everyone hates me. Listen! Will someone besides a child psychologist listen? This poor kid still has 10 more years of this hell to go through. Why do we allow this to happen to perfectly intelligent, healthy children? Why do we keep beating this dead horse called forced government schooling? As G.K. Chesterton said, "A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it".