Wednesday 3 April 2013

LOCAL SCHOOLS!

This is from a story in the Lafayette (LA) Daily Advertiser. But how can you listen to one child? I can verify the truth of this child's story because I have heard it hundreds of times, and stories worse than this, from students of all the schools in this area, both public and Catholic! Good Morning, Debbie Dugas here. I have purposely held back details of the incident responsible for starting my mission to involve myself in the school system. After careful reflection, I think I need to post it for people to understand the importance of this issue. The Advertiser did include it in their story (to a degree) but I have found most people did not see the paper. Derrick Comeaux gave us insight into Carencro High School but even that did not prepare me for my daughter’s conversation with me. While Mrs. Billeaudeau is protesting the lack of “decorum” in the board meeting, my daughter is telling me about her classroom which begins almost every day with a group of boys in the back telling the teacher they want to perform oral sex on her. They also debate the merits of anal inclusion in this process. Please replace my words with the most vile words you can imagine and you will have the actual conversation. Now, this is so horrible the media does not want to say it; do you think my child should have to listen to it? Understand this is being said TO THE TEACHER. Please forgive me if I have offended someone’s sensibilities here, but I need support on this. Everyone agrees the schools need to put discipline back. I see it on all the posts. So are you going to stand with me to put a stop to it? Are you ok with your children being pawns in political games and personal conflicts? Are you ok with your children being placed in harm’s way to receive an education? I have posted the Teachers Bill of Rights on my page, Parents for Education Reform – PER. Our parish is violating this law. There are 31,000 students in Lafayette Parish Schools. How much can they cover up if even a third of us stand up to the biggest bully of all….Lafayette Parish School System and its board members. I would ask you all to reflect on this and your priorities, on this most holy of all weekends.